Monday, September 20, 2010

Typhoon

The City of Taipei has shutdown.

An oncoming typhoon has prompted stores to close, and students to stock up on water and essential vittles. I personally opted for raisins, peanuts, bread and crackers. I enjoy the intense onslaught wind and rain characteristic on typhoons, but I also am getting cabin fever. The University advised students not to leave the dorm.

As I sit here, I can hear the wind truly howl. This is the first time I have seen wind personified: it dragged bikes down the street, snapped trees in half and pounded on my windows in entertaining and frightening displays of unadulterated power.

Upside: sometimes classes are canceled due to typhoons. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Despite this storm weather, Taipei is still hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment